Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Grilled Chicken with Mushrooms

Today was quite an adventure.

Here's what went down.

I went to the grocery store to pick up the things needed for tonight's supper (because I just decided this morning what we would be having). When I got there, I decided, why not take a stab at cutting open a chicken all on my own? It was an experience.

Here's what I started with...






And a good 20 minutes later, here is what I ended up with...





8 good pieces of chicken to work with all thanks to this book. I air sealed everything but the chicken breasts and started marinating the meat for tonight. In case you would like to try out this delicious meal, here's what you do!

Check out epicurious.com for the recipe we used and then go to the grocery store and get the goods. Instead of quartering the chicken, we just used the breasts. So, you can just buy some boneless, skinless chicken breasts (which you probably have on hand in the freezer). We also didn't get shiitake mushrooms because they were a little on the pricey side. We stuck with cremini mushrooms! Besides that, we followed everything to a T.

And here is what we ended up with...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...