Friday, October 7, 2011

It's beginning to feel a lot like autumn!

...which also means Christmas is not too far away, but let's not rush ourselves.

Due to the move happening in September, and Mark and I living out of boxes and suitcases for the last 2-3 weeks, I didn't get a chance to really embrace the fact that Fall was approaching. Now that our boxes are unpacked and life is beginning to become normal again, I finally have the time to think about pumpkins and scarves and mustard yellow and chai lattes and flannel shirts and turkey and...oh i need to stop. I'm getting too excited!

Yesterday I even had the time to put together a quick wreath for our front door. 


It's not on the door now...because after looking at it this morning I decided it needed more rosettes, so off the door it came.

I'm a big fan of the grapevine wreath during this time of the year - the lovely brown color just screams Fall to me. With such a great wreath, I decided to keep it pretty simple by just adding some flannel rosettes to it. Having that thing on the door will definitely make it feel more like autumn around here :)

And if you were interested...here's a close up!


Don't you think it needs just a bit more fun added to that thing? Hot glue gun turning on and fingers are prepared for a bit of torture...I'm still learning :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...