Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thankful Tuesday....Post One.

Keeping up a blog is harder than I thought. I think it is because I lose things to discuss (or maybe I don't want to go deep and really chat about the things that matter)...but, we have so much to discuss because there is so much to be thankful for! So without further adieu, here begins my attempt at "Thankful Tuesday"

1. It is crazy to believe only a month has gone by since we said "I do!" I am thankful for Mark and his ability to love and serve me endlessly. This last month has been full of laughter, good food, many episodes of How I Met Your Mother, and the start to a new life here in Houston together. I have loved learning more each day about marriage, and ultimately the gospel.

“Marriage was designed by God most deeply, most importantly, to be a parable or a drama of the way Christ loves his church and the way the church loves and follows Christ.” John Piper 

We overheard a comment a couple weeks ago about wives not setting unrealistic expectations for their husbands. After overhearing that comment, Mark encouraged me to expect much out of him - to expect Christ out of him. He is to love me as Christ loves the church. While Mark is called to be Christ, I also need to give grace often because c'mon, Mark's going to sin. I am beyond thankful that Mark is a man who seeks after the Lord and is being sanctified day by day to be more like Him. I am also thankful for the grace he extends me when I lack in my ability to submit and follow Him the way the church does Christ.

{taken right after our wedding rehearsal!}

2. The oh so good smelling cinnamon bread that just came out of the oven. The endless hours of dough rising is so worth the wait.




3. This tiny, lovely, apartment home the Lord has provided us :) 


Have a great Tuesday, friends!






2 comments:

  1. Love this!! I think it's crazy that yall have only been married a month. You guys seem seasoned to the whole married lifestyle. Excited to see you Thursday!

    Jenai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenai! We definitely aren't seasoned yet...extending grace one day at a time. Thankful we have married folks like you around :) See you in an hour!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...