Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Confession

I have a confession to make.


I lied. I said I would write a thankful post every day in November, and alas...one week later...I have done nothing.


When I sit and think about how much I am thankful for, I realize how ridiculous it is that I couldn't NOT write about it. I think it's because I just don't thank the Lord enough for what He has given me. Each day passes with the many blessings that inhabit it and I don't even take notice that they exist. Yes, I'm thankful for it, but I don't notice it..they are just expected. I don't see them as the beautiful gifts they are.

I pray I shout thanksgiving and count my blessings each day. I pray I take the time to count those little gifts that I am given...because each day is a blessing. I pray that in each breath I give thanks to the Magnificent Creator who made me and in so doing, bring Him glory. 

______________________________________________

What am I thankful for today? 

Amazing Grace.

The grace that saves this self-consuming, un-thankful, materialistic sinner. The grace that abounds in and through me each day as He molds me more into His image...because it is only by His grace that I am good. It is only by HIS GRACE that I can be selfless, thankful, and run from the things of this world.

So, Lord, friends, people. 

I have a confession. 

I'm a sinner.
I'm saved by grace. 
&
I am oh so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...