Friday, August 19, 2011

keeping up to date

Good morning, friends

Yesterday, after many weeks of knowing I needed to do this, I finally made and filled out a little calendar for the following months. I have been wanting to make a fun calendar for Mark and I to just hang in our office and have birthdays/holidays/etc. reminders on. I have put it off saying I would wait until December and make one for the next year. I soon noticed this was a problem due to my ability to forget important dates. 

This mind needs things to be written down. 

Yes, mom, even grocery lists. Aren't you proud? 

Anyhow, I found some calendars online for inspiration, and this is what I ended up with...





There are a couple of things I would change, but because it is only a couple months, I decided it was good enough for now. Some of the sayings are inside jokes between Mark and I, which makes it fun and unique to us!

For example...


"i can pencil you in" 
-- 
what I told him after he asked me out on our first date, and after he proposed to me


"california, here we come"
--
well, that's when we will "come"


"if i'm hermione, then you're my ron" 
--
 we just love hp. mark was a bit upset that he couldn't be harry when he saw this. i couldn't think of what to put and seeing as that was the month for halloween, i figured it would do.


Anyhow, after making this I realized we have only a few weekends left in Texas... because of that, we have big trips planned for mostly every weekend leading up to California. 

This weekend we are going to see Scott, Anne, and their adorable boy, Boone, in middle of nowhere Texas. The Chapman's (Scott & Anne) work full time at Camp Eagle, a camp Mark worked at in college. This camp is awesome. Mark and I secretly wish he had a full time job there. We are super excited to get some good climbing in while we are there, but even more excited to see the Chapman's before they head off on a European adventure and before we head off to California.

You can read about their soon to be Europe backpacking trek with a 1 1/2 year old here.

{our 2 minutes of talking time at the wedding}
.thank ya'll SO much for coming.

The weekends following will consist of... a trip to Austin, College Station, our soon to be new home in Cali, and at least one weekend to pack up things here in Houston.

This month is going to go by fast!

It's a good thing I have this calendar to keep me organized now. Do ya'll ever have problems forgetting important dates amongst the chaos of life?!

2 comments:

  1. Sooo glad that you guys came to visit! It was great to spend some time with you. Boone liked having you guys around too :)

    Keep us up to date on your life and hopefully we'll be able to plan a sweet trip with you all sometime!!

    -Chapmans

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...